Orbs is excited to announce the first DeFi project to receive a grant as part of the Orbs Ecosystem Grant Program (OEGP) –
A detailed project proposal was submitted by Paradigm, and approved by the Orbs OEGP committee after careful evaluation.
Project Goal and Benefits
The goal of the project is to provide liquidity for the ORBS token using decentralized liquidity DEX protocols such as Uniswap and Balancer.
The expected benefits are:
- The ability to acquire ORBS easily on decentralized exchanges
- Allow ORBS token holders to gain rewards by providing liquidity to the ORBS pools
- Reduced slippage and fees for ORBS market participants
The project consists of 3 main parts:
- A dedicated Orbs DeFi portal, including the following:
- Homepage with actual statistics on pools, current APY and available liquidity.
- Balancer ORBS/USDC pool.
- Uniswap ORBS/ETH and ORBS/USDC pools.
- Research on possible solutions for combining liquidity provisioning and staking.
- Community education and resource center including tutorials and how-to articles.
The Orbs team is extremely enthusiastic to kickstart this project with Paradigm!
Liquidity provisioning has proven as an invaluable DeFi tool with popular projects like Uniswap, Balancer and Curve, offering decentralized programmable liquidity. Enhancing Orbs integration into these platforms will provide an important stepping stone to future DeFi projects.
To get updates on this project, as well as other activities relating to Orbs and DeFi, join the Orbs Official Telegram Channel.