Arbidex integrates dLIMIT & dTWAP powered by Orbs
Nov 21, 2023
Triple APY for New ORBS Stakers
Nov 12, 2023
OIP 7 - Orbs Staking Promotion
Nov 7, 2023
Introducing “TETRA Mobile”, a new IOS & Android staking application for ORBS
Nov 2, 2023
BitMart exchange lists ORBS
Oct 16, 2023
ORBS is now available on Arken Finance!
Oct 11, 2023
- BaseSwap, one of the largest native DEXs on Base, has integrated the dLimit & dTWAP protocol powered by Orbs! Expanding dTWAP and dLIMIT advanced trading orders to Base!
BaseSwap integrates dLIMIT & dTWAP powered by Orbs
Oct 10, 2023
- The Orbs team has submitted a new draft OIP, with a proposal to offer relief to multi-chain bridged ORBS token holders on BNB Chain, Avalanche and Fantom, and offer them the option to replace these tokens with the new Axelar-bridged ORBS tokens
OIP-6: Relief for Multichain-bridged ORBS Token Holders
Sep 21, 2023
- Liquidity Hub by Orbs brings the power of aggregated liquidity to any DEX-AMM, enabling them to provide better price quotes to their users without jeopardizing their liquidity providers.
Liquidity Hub by Orbs - The New Standard for DEXs
Sep 18, 2023
- The ORBS token is now available on Chronos, a leading DEX on Arbitrum that has integrated the dTWAP and dLIMIT trading orders powered by the Orbs network!
ORBS is now available on Chronos DEX!
Sep 15, 2023
- TON.Vote, the no-code governance platform for The Open Network (TON) has implemented a major upgrade: Validators can now participate in DAO governance votes by utilizing MyTonCtrl!
TON.Vote Major Upgrade: Validator Voting
Sep 11, 2023
- Please join us in welcoming the newest Orbs Guardian to the Orbs proof of stake network, Coin H! Coin H is an independent validator who seeks to help further Orbs novel L3 technology. For those unfamiliar, they are an active long-term, supportive member of the Orbs Korean community.
New Orbs Guardian Spotlight: Coin H
Aug 31, 2023
ORBS Expands to Arbitrum via Satellite Bridge by Axelar!
Aug 28, 2023
- Orbs, the native token of the Orbs Network, has been added to Coinhippo, a coin-tracking website providing rich analytics on cryptocurrency tokens. Coinhippo provides a fundamental analysis of the digital currency market. In addition to tracking price, volume, and market capitalization.
ORBS was added to Coinhippo, a crypto market and portfolio tracker!
Aug 24, 2023
- The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol has integrated with Curve Finance, one of the largest DeFi protocols with over $2.4B in TVL!
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol Now Supports Curve Finance
Aug 21, 2023
- 6 DEXs across 4 chains have already integrated the dLIMIT protocol powered by Orbs, bringing this order type to DeFi in a decentralized manner. Users can use this tool to create limit orders by following the directions below.
How to Use dLIMIT by Orbs
Aug 17, 2023
- Transfers between Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Avalanche, Fantom, Arbitrum, and now Axelar are live using Satellite bridge by Axelar!
Orbs integrates with Satellite by Axelar for bridging across 5 chains!
Aug 14, 2023
- In the ever-evolving world of blockchain, security breaches can wreak havoc on unsuspecting users. We've seen this firsthand, as several Orbs Delegators reached out to the project with an alarming issue: malicious actors had compromised their blockchain wallets.
OIP-5: Recovering Compromised Wallets - How the Orbs Community Stepped In
Aug 10, 2023
- 6 DEXs across 4 chains have integrated the dTWAP protocol powered by Orbs, bringing this order type to DeFi in a decentralized manner. Users can use this tool to create dTWAP orders by following the directions below.
How to Use dTWAP by Orbs
Aug 7, 2023
- The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol has integrated with Convex Finance, one of the biggest DeFi protocols with over $3B in TVL!
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol Now Supports Convex Finance
Jul 20, 2023
- Chronos, one of the largest DEXs on Arbitrum, has integrated the dLIMIT & dTWAP protocol powered by Orbs!
Chronos integrates dLIMIT & dTWAP powered by Orbs
Jul 17, 2023
- The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol has integrated with Pendle Finance, a rapidly growing DeFi project with $168M TVL!
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol Now Supports Pendle Finance
Jul 6, 2023
- ״Thena, one of the largest DEXs on BNB Chain, has integrated the dLimit & dTWAP protocol powered by Orbs!״
Thena integrates dLIMIT & dTWAP powered by Orbs
Jun 20, 2023
- After successfully soft-launching TON.Vote with the TON Foundation as its initial user, Orbs is proud to announce the rollout of a permissionless governance solution for any project building on TON that requires DAO governance tools. In this endeavor, Orbs has teamed up with renowned TON dApps, including ston.fi, EvAA, TON Punks, and Fanzee, who are our official launch partners!
TON.Vote Official Launch: Kicking Off Our No-Code Governance Platform With 4 Cutting-Edge Partners
Jun 13, 2023
- The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol has integrated with LEVEL Finance, the first Perp DEX to integrate!
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol Now Supports Level Finance
Jun 12, 2023
- Following up on the initial dTWAP announcement blog, and the dLIMIT intro blog, QuickSwap has now also integrated dLIMIT powered by Orbs. In doing so, all of the limit orders on QuickSwap will now be executed using Orbs’ layer-3 technology. The integration furthers Orbs as a market leader in DeFI technology innovation and gives the project another L3 use case that interacts with significant TVL.
QuickSwap integrates dLIMIT for DEXs powered by Orbs
Jun 8, 2023
- Orbs is excited to introduce its newest order type: dLIMIT, offering optimal and reliable execution of limit orders for DEXs.
Introducing dLIMIT - Decentralized Limit Orders for DEXs Powered by Orbs
Jun 1, 2023
- Alphaday, a popular web3 dashboard for all related happenings in the broader ecosystem has received a grant from the Orbs Ecosystem Grant Program, designed to support founders launching the next wave of DeFi innovation whilst adhering to decentralized principles.
Alphaday integrates Orbs!
May 22, 2023
- QuickSwap, the largest native DEX on Polygon, has integrated the dTWAP protocol powered by Orbs. As a result, the QuickSwap dragons will now have access to this algorithmic trading strategy, enabling traders to reduce the price impact of their orders. This comes after integrations with SpookySwap, Spirit, and Pangolin, growing the number of integrated DEXs as dTWAP establishes Orbs as a market leader in DeFi innovation.
QuickSwap integrates dTWAP for DEXs powered by Orbs
May 18, 2023
- The Orbs team has submitted a new draft OIP, with a proposal to adopt a policy to open migration pathways under certain circumstances, to allow delegators who have suffered a security breach that compromised their wallets to recover their staked Orbs tokens.
OIP-5: Policy to Enable Individual Migration Paths to Allow Delegators to Recover Compromised Funds
May 16, 2023
- The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol has integrated with Y2K Finance, the first project on Arbitrum to integrate.
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol Now Supports Y2K Finance
May 11, 2023
- Orbs has been added to ICOholder, a popular post and pre-ICO project information website! Established in 2017, ICOholder is a smart tracker, and global analytics platform with a large crypto database, giving users access to real-time, high-quality, reliable market and pricing data.
Orbs has been added to ICOholder!
May 1, 2023
- TON Unfreezer is a tool contributed by the Orbs network for TON developers that need to unfreeze their contracts that have entered the frozen state due to running out of the balance reserved for paying storage fees.
Introducing TON Unfreezer by Orbs
Apr 17, 2023
- The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol has integrated with dForce, a protocol supporting a complete set of decentralized finance protocols covering assets, lending, and trading, serving as DeFi infrastructure in Web3. At the time of writing, dForce holds 51.39M in TVL.
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol Now Supports dForce Network
Apr 13, 2023
- TON Verifier, the official tool for verifying smart contracts on The Open Network (TON), has undergone a significant update to support Getters.
TON Verifier Major Update: Getters
Apr 10, 2023
- Just over half a year ago, Orbs’ revamped website was released with the launch of the highly anticipated Orbs 3.0. Alongside a striking new design, the revamped website introduced new content about key building blocks of Orbs 3.0, including Orbs PoS V3: Multichain staking, and Orbs L3 technology. With the fast pace of development in the Orbs project, it was necessary to issue another smaller revision to the website. Let's explore what’s new in this latest update…
Orbs Website Update: Expanding on Use-cases Powered by Orbs
Apr 6, 2023
- Single Nominator is a new TON smart contract that enables secure validation for TON blockchain via an air gapped cold wallet.The contract is designed for TON validators that have enough self stake to validate by themselves without relying on third-party nominators.
Orbs is proud to contribute Single Nominator Smart Contract for TON Validators
Apr 4, 2023
ApeSwap lists Orbs Token
Mar 31, 2023
- Orbs is excited to announce the public launch of TON Access as a fully operational, robust service to the TON ecosystem!
Orbs Announces the “TON-Access” Public Launch
Mar 23, 2023
- Carbon browser, a decentralized web3 browser, has added support for the ORBS token, the native token of the Orbs network to their wallet functionality.
Carbon Browser adds ORBS to the wallet functionality
Mar 16, 2023
- DWF Labs, a leading web 3.0 investment firm, has officially joined the Orbs ecosystem via a token purchase of up to $10M.
DWF invests $10M in Orbs Ecosystem via token purchase deal, to advance layer 3 blockchain technology
Mar 14, 2023
- Orbs recently introduced the novel dTWAP (decentralized time-weighted average price) protocol for DEXs. Using dTWAP orders, DEX users can now optimize their trading by executing more sophisticated trading strategies. One of the prominent use-cases is the ability to significantly reduce price impact when executing large orders or in cases of fragmented and low liquidity. In this blog post, we’ll analyze how dTWAP has already successfully been used for exactly that purpose: to significantly reduce price impact on SpookySwap DEX.
dTWAP Case-study: Reducing Price Impact on SpookySwap DEX
Mar 9, 2023
- SpookySwap, the largest DEX by TVL on the Fantom blockchain has completed its integration with dTWAP, developed by the Orbs team and powered by the Orbs network. The integration comes after completing the process on SpiritSwap and Pangolin DEX, as we continue to see new DEXs adopt the dTWAP standard.
SpookySwap integrates dTWAP powered by Orbs!
Mar 6, 2023
- Over the last few months, Orbs has worked with the TON Foundation to create a governance platform for The Open Network. This platform needed to adhere to the web3 standards that all builders in the space strive for: decentralization, immutability, security, and transparency. With these core values in mind and the TON Foundation as our design partner, we’re excited to introduce TON.vote!
Orbs Introduces TON.vote: a No-code DAO Governance Tool for TON dApps
Mar 2, 2023
- The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol has integrated Angle, an over-collateralized, decentralized, and capital-efficient stablecoin protocol with 58 million in TVL at the time of writing.
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol Now Supports Angle Protocol
Feb 27, 2023
- Preceded only by SpiritSwap, and the first to integrate on the Avalanche blockchain, Pangolin DEX has fully integrated with Orbs’ dTWAP. dTWAP is a fully decentralized, permissionless, and composable DeFi protocol developed by the Orbs team and powered by the Orbs network. Traders utilizing the DEX will now have access to the sophisticated order type, dTWAP.
Pangolin integrates dTWAP powered by Orbs!
Feb 23, 2023
- The ORBS token has been added to Megaton Finance, a newly-launched AMM-DEX on The Open Network (TON), as an official launch partner!
ORBS is now available on Megaton Finance
Feb 16, 2023
- Orbs has been chosen to host Tel Aviv (TLV) and London exclusive offsite events as part of TON’s first ever global hackathon!
Orbs Named Official Host of TON’s hackathon TLV and London Exclusive Events
Feb 13, 2023
- oORBS (the Orbit bridge token of ORBS), has been listed by STON.fi, a major DEX on The Open Network (TON). STON.fi is a decentralized automated market maker (AMM) built on the TON blockchain providing cheap fees, low slippage, an intuitive interface, and direct integration with TON wallets. oORBS is now listed on DEX, with about $50K in liquidity for seamless swaps between TON/oORBS.
ORBS is added to STON.fi DEX on TON
Feb 8, 2023
Bitdroplet Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Jan 31, 2023
- As previously announced last month, Orbs has launched TON Verifier, an open-source application to publish verified source code for on-chain contracts on The Open Network. Today we’re announcing that TON Verifier has been officially adopted by the TON Foundation!
TON Verifier by Orbs has Been added as an Official Tool to TON.org
Jan 30, 2023
- TON-Access is a reliable and decentralized RPC provider created specifically for TON dapps making HTTP queries to blockchain state from the browser. It provides unrestricted and anonymous access to dapp users without requiring an API key.
Orbs Introduces “TON-Access”: A Decentralized Infura for the Open Network (TON)
Jan 26, 2023
- The ORBS token has been added to TonSwap, a leading DEX on The Open Network (TON)! TonSwap is an up-and-coming native DEX on TON with 13 tokens (or Jettons as they are called on TON) already listed, including USDC, ETH, and BTC.
Orbs added to TonSwap DEX on TON
Jan 9, 2023
- The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol has integrated Orbs’ newest layer-3 use case, dTWAP (decentralized time-weighted average price). dTWAP is a fully-functioning TWAP order type that is completely decentralized and made for DEXs. Traders using dTWAP can now be notified in real time when a dTWAP order has been completed.
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol Now Supports Orbs dTWAP
Jan 5, 2023
- 2022 has been a year of building in the Orbs project; in March, the community celebrated Orbs’ third anniversary since mainnet and token launch. Thank you to all developers, contributors, researchers, guardians, delegators, community members, partners, and others who helped make 2022 a successful year.
Orbs in 2022: 5 Driving Forces of Adoption
Jan 2, 2023
Announcing support for TON Connect 2.0 in Minter and Verifier
Dec 29, 2022
- Sneaking in at the end of 2022, another Guardian joined to help strengthen the Orbs network. The Orbs community would like to welcome MySmartCrypto to the community. This article explores their views on the Orbs project and their plans to help it grow in 2023.
Guardian Spotlight: My Smart Crypto
Dec 29, 2022
- dTWAP powered by Orbs is a fully decentralized, permissionless, and composable DeFi protocol, developed by the Orbs team and powered by the Orbs network. By integrating the dTWAP protocol, SpiritSwap is the first DEX-AMM to introduce decentralized advanced trading orders to the DeFi space. In this blog post we’ll cover the fundamentals of a dTWAP order, how to set up the order on the SpiritSwap UI, monitoring open orders, and more…
How to Use the dTWAP order on SpiritSwap
Dec 26, 2022
- dTWAP by Orbs is a fully decentralized, permissionless, and composable DeFi protocol, developed by the Orbs team and powered by the Orbs network. By integrating the dTWAP protocol, SpiritSwap is the first DEX-AMM to introduce advanced trading orders in the DeFi space.
SpiritSwap Integrates dTWAP Order Powered by Orbs
Dec 22, 2022
- In an exciting development for the Orbs project, the ORBS token has been added to the Orbit Bridge, which supports 19 different chains, including TON (The Open Network). In addition, Megaton Finance has announced Orbs as an official launch partner to its much anticipated AMM-DEX on TON, planned to launch in January 2023! Both these integrations mean that the ORBS token can now be bridged to the TON blockchain with liquidity pools and swap functions coming very soon!
ORBS token available on TON Blockchain Via Orbit Bridge and Megaton Finance DEX
Dec 21, 2022
- Today we are introducing TON Verifier - an open-source application to publish verified source code for on-chain contracts on the TON chain. Ton Verifier is a tool developed by the Orbs team and powered by Orbs decentralized network of permissionless PoS Guardians.
Announcing TON Verifier by Orbs
Dec 15, 2022
- This OIP proposes that the Orbs community take similar action, and set aside 6.3 million ORBS tokens from the long-term reserve pool to replace ORBS tokens lost to their holders on FTX. Actual reimbursement and the timing will be determined as the bankruptcy case continues and the affected parties and proper procedures become more clear.
OIP-4: Allocate 6.3M ORBS to Compensate FTX Users
Dec 12, 2022
- The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol has integrated Stake DAO, a revenue-sharing DAO on Ethereum, with over $53.4M in TVL. Stake DAO users can now be notified on their smartphone when a specified amount of SDT is ready to claim.
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol Now Supports Stake DAO
Dec 7, 2022
- The Orbs team is excited to introduce the brand new Orbs Developer Documentation! This is an important initiative with a goal to streamline development on the Orbs network by developers and contributors from the broad crypto ecosystem.
Introducing the New Orbs Developer Documentation
Dec 1, 2022
New Orbs Guardian Spotlight: KOLB & Beehive
Nov 28, 2022
- Today we're introducing Minter - an open-source tool to launch jettons (similar to ERC-20 tokens) on the Ton network. Minter was previously known as jetton.live and was created by the Orbs team.
Announcing TON Minter by Orbs
Nov 15, 2022
- GOPAX exchange has officially announced the listing of $ORBS, the native token of the Orbs network! GOPAX, established in 2016, is one of five certified KRW cryptocurrency exchanges, supporting 91 trading pairs and 78 different assets. GOPAX is a fast, reliable, technology-oriented virtual asset (cryptocurrency) exchange by Streami Inc.
GOPAX Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Nov 14, 2022
- Orbs VM is a dedicated and decentralized virtual machine, similar in concept to AWS EC2 - only decentralized. Orbs VM services are implemented as Docker containers, deployed to the Orbs Network and then executed by the network validators. Much like AWS EC2 container services, there is minimal devops involved as orchestration is automated. Unlike AWS EC2, the protocol is fully transparent and decentralized, providing execution guaranteed to the user community by relying on dozens of independent network validators that participate in the protocol.
Deep Dive to Orbs VM
Nov 11, 2022
- Orbs Lambda is an event driven, serverless and decentralized cloud function, similar in concept to AWS Lambda - only decentralized. Cloud functionsfunction are implemented in a few lines of code, deployed to the Orbs Network and then executed by the network validators. Much like AWS Lambda, there is no devops involved and no instances to worry about. Unlike AWS Lambda, the protocol is fully transparent and decentralized, providing execution guaranteed to the user community by relying on dozens of independent network validators that participate in the protocol.
Deep Dive to Orbs Lambda
Nov 3, 2022
- The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol has integrated Frax, the first fractional stablecoin protocol on Ethereum, with over $1.32b in TVL.
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol Now Supports Frax Finance
Oct 25, 2022
- As previously announced, the Orbs project is in the midst of the process of formalizing its community governance. The next step in this process is the introduction of a process for Orbs Improvement Proposals (called “OIPs”). OIPs are a platform for the community and the public at large, as well as the team, to suggest improvements and changes to the Orbs network. While the project has always been open to suggestions, OIPs will be a dedicated place where suggestions can be organized and publicized for discussions.
Introducing: Orbs Improvement Proposals
Oct 20, 2022
- The Orbs project, together with our community, is building a public and permissionless ecosystem. As an expression of this value, the Orbs Ecosystem Grant Program provides grants to teams that make contributions to the project. The Orbs project is now launching a new call for grants under the OEGP. This call follows on the recent announcement that Orbs is building on TON as its first non-EVM L1.
The Orbs Ecosystem Grant Program - Third Call for Grants: ORBS On TON
Oct 11, 2022
- Guarda crypto wallet & exchange has listed ORBS, the native token of the Orbs network! Guarda, a multiplatform non-custodial wallet has added support for the Orbs token (ORBS) to their swap exchange.
Guarda integrates ORBS token into their swap application
Oct 3, 2022
- The Huobi Global exchange has officially announced the listing of $ORBS, the native token of the Orbs network! Huobi is a top-10 cryptocurrency exchange with more than 10M users and over $4B in daily trading volumes.
Huobi Global Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Sep 28, 2022
- Leading cryptocurrency exchange OKX now offers full staking services for the $ORBS token, with ORBS featured on OKX’s main staking webpage.
OKX Announces ORBS Staking
Sep 29, 2022
- Splassive, a leading passive income protocol on AVAX, has integrated The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol. Splassive users can now earn more effectively, knowing their reward status at all times, by receiving instant alerts around the clock when they reach ‘tap max reward’.
Splassive Integrates the Open DeFi Notification Protocol
Sep 23, 2022
- This blog outlines the concept and architecture behind Orbs’ new decentralized TWAP protocol that will allow DEXs to harness this technology to benefit the platform and its users.
Introducing dTWAP for DEXs - Powered by Orbs L3
Sep 22, 2022
- We’re excited to introduce Mr. Dome to the Orbs community, and we asked him a few questions to better understand his position as a Guardian and what drew his attention to the project.
Orbs New Guardian Introduction: Mr. Dome
Sep 19, 2022
- The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol has integrated Harvest Finance, a leading Vault protocol on Ethereum, Polygon and BSC, to provide its users with free mobile notification for on-chain events.
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol Now Supports Harvest Finance
Sep 15, 2022
- Between August 23rd and August 30th, the Orbs Network held its first governance vote, in which a majority decided to reinstate the minimum self-delegation requirement. A week after the OGV-1 vote ended, a second vote was held regarding the exact details of the minimum self-stake. After a close race, the community has chosen to set the minimum self delegation requirement for the Orbs Guardians at 3%.
Reinstating Guardians’ Self Stake Requirement
Sep 14, 2022
- The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol has integrated Single Finance, one of the leading farming, lending, and leveraging protocols on Ethereum.
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol Now Supports Single Finance
Sep 8, 2022
- Today, the Orbs network is announcing that it is officially building on TON as the first non-EVM L1. Creating a new L1 ecosystem is a great pioneering endeavor. The TON ecosystem is just emerging, it is still lacking the maturity of the EVM ecosystem, but it holds great potential. Orbs will be delighted to help bring it to maturity and fulfill its promise.
Expanding to The Open Network (TON)
Sep 5, 2022
- Last week, the Orbs Network held its first governance vote, in which a majority decided to reinstate the minimum self-delegation requirement. A second vote will now be held, regarding the exact details of the minimum self-stake.
Proposal to Set Minimum Self Delegation
Sep 4, 2022
Staking Rewards Features Orbs PoS V3
Aug 25, 2022
Proposal 1: Reinstate Minimum Self-Delegation
Aug 22, 2022
- As announced last week, the Orbs Network is introducing upgraded community governance to the project, formalizing aspects of community governance that have until now been behind the scenes. As the next major step in this process, the first formal governance vote will be going live on Snapshot on Monday, August 22, 2022 at 12:00 UTC.
Proposal to Reinstate Minimum Self-Delegation
Aug 18, 2022
- Orbs has been added to CryptoCompare, the popular crypto research and analytics platform! Founded in 2014, CryptoCompare is a global cryptocurrency market data provider, giving institutional and retail investors access to real-time, high-quality, reliable market and pricing data.
Orbs Added to CryptoCompare
Aug 15, 2022
Introducing Orbs Governance
Aug 11, 2022
- The last few months have been very exciting for the Orbs project, with the rollout of Orbs 3.0. Orbs 3.0 introduces 2 major protocol upgrades, which are already live and running on the Orbs network: 1) PoS V3: The Orbs network Proof-of-Stake mechanism, powering the network by utilizing multi-chain staking on Ethereum and Polygon. 2) Layer 3: Orbs value proposition - acting as a separate layer on top of existing EVM-based L1s and L2s to enhance the capabilities of smart contracts and DeFi applications.
Presenting the Revamped Network Status Page
Aug 4, 2022
Bitrue Exchange Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Aug 1, 2022
- SpookySwap users can now farm BOO tokens on the ORBS-USDC pool and earn ORBS tokens in SpookySwap’s Single-stake feature! After recently adding the Orbs tokens to their platform, SpookySwap are now launching farming and Single-stake for ORBS. Users can now farm SpookySwap’s native token, BOO, by providing liquidity to the ORBS-USDC pool which can then be staked to earn ORBS tokens.
ORBS Farming and Single Stake Pool Goes Live on SpookySwap!
Jul 25, 2022
- CROSSTECH has recently joined Orbs Proof of Stake as a new Guardian. CROSSTECH is a popular project, especially in Asia, that operates multiple nodes for PoS networks such as ETH, ADA, SOL, ATOM, AVAX, IOST, IOTX, and now also ORBS under the unique Guardian name ”Tbonestaking”.
Orbs Guardian Spotlight: ”Tbonestaking” by CROSSTECH
Jul 18, 2022
- We are happy to announce that ORBS is now available on SimpleHold wallet! Orbs token holders can now store, send and receive their ORBS tokens on their SimpleHold wallet mobile app, available on both Android and iOS.
ORBS Added to SimpleHold Wallet
Jul 5, 2022
- The Orbs project is excited to announce the launch of a new ORBS-JPYC pool on QuickSwap, the leading DEX-AMM on Polygon! This new pool, together with Orbs PoS multi-chain staking on Polygon, provides a full and easy flow for Japanese Orbs Delegators to acquire and stake Orbs tokens in the Orbs Proof-of-Stake mechanism on the Polygon network.
New ORBS-JPYC Liquidity Pool Launches on QuickSwap
Jun 30, 2022
- The DeFi market is a dynamic and ever-evolving space, with new and exciting projects constantly popping up. The Orbs team is always looking for new opportunities and possibilities, which is why we're excited to announce the next steps for the Orbs ecosystem expansion... Cronos chain is one of the fastest growing blockchain infrastructure projects, ranked #7 by DeFi Llama, with over $1B in TVL.
Orbs Ecosystem Expands to Cronos
Jun 22, 2022
- Orbs is excited to launch the project’s revamped website for the release of Orbs 3.0. With the recent release of Orbs 3.0 and everything that has been going on with the Orbs project, the team felt that the existing website needs to undergo a major overhaul. And that’s exactly what we did…
Introducing the Orbs.com Revamped Website
Jun 16, 2022
- Orbs is an open, decentralized and public blockchain infrastructure executed by a secure network of permissionless validators using Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus. Orbs’ unique features, designed for interoperability with EVM and non-EVM blockchains, together with its decentralized network of nodes, allow it to be set up as a separate decentralized execution layer operating between the base blockchain layer and application layer.
Orbs: A Re-introduction
Jun 7, 2022
- DeFi.org recently launched the public beta app for The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol - a community led initiative to provide users with decentralized and free mobile notifications for on-chain events, powered by the Orbs network. It’s great to see so many Orbs Delegators making use of the notification app, and we already received feedback from app users who reached out to us with some excellent input and suggestions for improvements. Therefore, we thought it would be a good idea to get additional feedback from the rest of the community.
Orbs Community: Request for Feedback on the Notification App
Jun 2, 2022
- Polygon's reduced gas costs also paves the way for new and exciting features that were not practically available on Ethereum. One of these is auto-compounding. Auto-compounding means that the ORBS staking rewards tokens are automatically re-staked in order to optimize the Delegators’ staking APY.
Orbs Staking Auto-compound is Now Live on Polygon
May 16, 2022
- Orbs has been added to Stack, the popular crypto research and analytics platform! Stack is a crypto analytics platform with an aim to build simple and effective tools for valuing and assessing crypto projects. To achieve this, Stack has developed their unique ranking systems which incorporates over 50 metrics into 3 ranks, each with a score of 0-100. The Orbs combined Stack Coinrank, which combines all 3 individual ranks is an impressive 91!
Orbs is added to Stack Analytics
May 9, 2022
- We are happy to announce that ORBS staking is now available on the Coin98 Crypto Wallet! This means that Orbs token holders can now stake their ORBS tokens directly from their Coin98 wallet mobile app for Android and iOS.
Orbs Multi-chain Staking is Now Available on the Coin98 Crypto Wallet
May 5, 2022
- Orbs project information can now be found in the Crypto.com price page! Through the Orbs (ORBS) Price Page, you can now directly access Orbs’s RSS feed and acquire the latest news and updates on Orbs. On the price page, you can also obtain all of the information you require on the Orbs project, including price tracking and statistics, Orbs trading market data, Orbs ERC20 smart contract information, links to additional content and social media, etc.
Orbs’ RSS Feed Integrated with Crypto.com
May 2, 2022
- We are excited to announce that the ORBS token is now available on SpiritSwap, one of the biggest DEX-AMMs on Fantom with almost $200M in TVL!
ORBS is now live on SpiritSwap!
Apr 28, 2022
- we are happy to announce that the Orbs PoS Wallet now also fully supports staking on Ethereum and Polygon!
Orbs PoS Wallet Supports Multi-chain Staking
Apr 26, 2022
- Tetra, the official staking wallet by the Orbs project, has been added to popular crypto website DappRadar!
Tetra Staking Wallet by Orbs Featured on DappRadar
Apr 21, 2022
- Phemex crypto exchange has listed ORBS, the native token of the Orbs network!
Phemex Exchange Lists the Orbs Token (ORBS)
Apr 18, 2022
- We are happy to announce that ORBS staking is now available on the ONTO Crypto Wallet mobile app for Android, iOS and desktop!
Orbs Staking is Now Available on ONTO Wallet
Apr 7, 2022
- We are excited to announce that the ORBS token is now available on SpookySwap, the leading DEX-AMM on Fantom!
ORBS is now live on SpookySwap!
Apr 7, 2022
- We are happy to announce that ORBS staking is now available on the SafePal Crypto Wallet mobile app for Android and iOS!
Orbs Staking is Now Available on the SafePal Crypto Wallet
Apr 4, 2022
- For the release of Orbs PoS V3: Multi-chain staking, Tetra has been updated to enable staking on Polygon with a simple and intuitive UI to switch between the Ethereum and Polygon networks.
How to Stake ORBS on Polygon Using Tetra
Mar 30, 2022
- March 29th 2022 marks the third-year anniversary of Orbs' mainnet launch, as well as the release of Orbs PoS V3. It's incredible to think about everything that the project has already achieved and the exciting outlook ahead!
Celebrating the Orbs 3 Year Mainnet Anniversary with a Special Promotion!
Mar 29, 2022
- We are excited to announce that the ORBS token is now available on FTMScan, the leading block explorer for the Fantom network.
ORBS is now live on FTMScan
Mar 21, 2022
- Even though Orbs PoS V3 is an extension of Orbs V2: The Age of Guardians, sharing a very similar mechanism and architecture, there are still some important adjustments and improvements being implemented in V3. Therefore, we thought it would be a good idea to have a comprehensive Orbs PoS FAQ document to refresh some of the more important aspects of Orbs proof of stake mechanism, as well as highlight the key components of V3.
Orbs PoS V3: Multi-chain Staking FAQ
Mar 17, 2022
- After a lot of hard work by the Orbs team and many community members, we are excited to announce that Orbs PoS V3: Multi-chain Staking on Polygon will launch on 29/03/2022 (which also happens to be the three year anniversary of Orbs mainnet launch)!
Orbs PoS V3: Multi-chain Staking on Polygon Launch Date, Protocol Improvements and Special Features
Mar 14, 2022
- We are excited to announce that the ORBS token is now available on Fantom using the Multichain (previously Anyswap) cross-chain bridge!
ORBS is now Live on Fantom Via Multichain Cross-Chain Bridge
Mar 10, 2022
- As we outlined in our recent introduction to Orbs 3.0, a key component of the Orbs architecture is multi-chain interoperability. This is essential in order to unlock the value of Orbs 3.0 as Layer-3 infrastructure and multi-chain PoS staking.
Orbs Ecosystem Expansion: Fantom
Mar 8, 2022
- Since making our pivot to DeFi in early 2021, the Orbs team has been hard at work on laying down the proper foundation for Orbs 3.0. This included making ORBS a cross-chain asset with integrations to over 30 of the leading DeFi protocols across 5 of the major L1+L2 chains, making the necessary improvements to the Orbs protocol, testing L3 proof of concept and use-cases, and more...
Orbs 3.0 - A Key Building Block for the Future of the Internet
Mar 3, 2022
Revault Network to Power its DeFi Application With Orbs 3.0
Mar 1, 2022
Orbs February 2022 Update
Feb 28, 2022
What Happens When You Compare Blockchains to Cities?
Feb 21, 2022
Announcing the New Orbs Media Page
Feb 17, 2022
Diem could not Seize the Day
Feb 15, 2022
Orbs Is Featured on Bubble Maps V2 by Moonlight
Feb 14, 2022
Tetra Wallet: Infinite Approve is Now Live
Feb 10, 2021
Orbs January 2022 Update
Feb 7, 2022
Orbs Third NFTs Contest Starts TODAY!
Feb 4, 2022
Orbs — Building the World’s First Multi-Chain Staking with Ethereum and Polygon
Feb 3, 2022
Was Bitcoin a Blunder for Bukele?
Feb 1, 2022
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol - Public Beta Launching Today!
Jan 25, 2022
Is Web 3.0 Worth it?
Jan 17, 2022
Orbs Protocol Upgrade Proposal - Multi-Chain Staking on Ethereum and Polygon
Jan 11, 2022
QuickSwap Launches a Dragon’s Syrup Pool for Orbs
Jan 5, 2022
Orbs December 2021 Update
Jan 3, 2022
The Open DeFi Notifications Protocol Update: The Beta Version Launch is Coming Soon!
Dec 30, 2021
Orbs Second Contest Starts...Today!
Dec 27, 2021
ORBS Goes Live on Harmony Using the Horizon Cross-Chain Bridge/jp/blog/common/authors/RanHammer.md|
Dec 23, 2021
Orbs Welcomes Onboard a New Guardian/jp/blog/common/authors/OlgaChef.md|
Dec 20, 2021
Orbs Ecosystem Growth: Harmony
Dec 16, 2021
Are We Witnessing the First Deflationary Asset?
Dec 13, 2021
Orbs is Now Live on Serum
Dec 9, 2021
Dec 3, 2021
Could Decentralization Transform the Art Market?
Nov 29, 2021
Further Expansion on Avalanche: Orbs Goes Live on Snowball!
Nov 26, 2021
Orbs Universe Gang NFT Collection is Going Live Today!
Nov 25, 2021
US Afghanistan Terror
Nov 22, 2021
Orbs is now live on Raydium!
Nov 17, 2021
How Orbs Hybrid Architecture Is Becoming a Game Changer in DeFi
Nov 11, 2021
Orbs Farming & Single Stake Goes Live on Pangolin!
Nov 4, 2021
Orbs Update October 2021
Oct 31, 2021
ORBS is now live on Rango!
Oct 29, 2021
ORBS is Now Available on Pangolin!
Oct 26, 2021
Introducing Open DeFi Notification Protocol
Oct 21, 2021
- ORBS token is now available on Trader Joe, the leading DEX-AMM on the Avalanche network!
ORBS is now live on Trader Joe!
Oct 18, 2021
- ORBS token is now available on AvaScan, the leading Avalanche block explorer!
ORBS is now live on AvaScan
Oct 14, 2021
ORBS is now live on Avalanche Via AnySwap Cross-Chain Bridge!
Oct 7, 2021
CBDCs - Additional Thoughts
Oct 3, 2021
Orbs Coming to Avalanche!
Oct 1, 2021
Orbs is Live on EVAI!
Sep 23, 2021
- Orbs is now live on Wormhole: a cross-chain bridge between Ethereum and Solana
Orbs is Live on the Solana Wormhole Bridge
Sep 17, 2021
A Closer Look At CBDCs
Sep 13, 2021
- Solana will be the next chain for Orbs integration.
Orbs Coming to Solana!
Sep 9, 2021
Introduction to Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)
Sep 5, 2021
- In this blog post you will find a short tutorial of how to use the Orbs pools on DinoSwap.
How to Use the Orbs Fossil Farms & Extinction Pool on DinoSwap
Sep 2, 2021
- The ORBS-USDC pool on DinoSwap has been added by KogeFarm to their active vaults!
Orbs Added to KogeFarm Vaults
Aug 31, 2021
- The numbers behind the Orbs project
Orbs By the Numbers
Aug 30, 2021
- The Orbs project is now launching a new call for grants under the Orbs Ecosystem Grant Program (OEGP).
The Orbs Ecosystem Grant Program - Second Call for Grants
Aug 24, 2021
- DinoSwap has announced the launch of the Orbs Extinction Pool!
Orbs Extinction Pool Launched on DinoSwap
Aug 23, 2021
Orbs is now live on QuickSwap!
Aug 10, 2021
- We are excited to announce the new Orbs website promotion campaign!
The New Orbs Website Promotion Campaign!
Aug 18, 2021
- Orbs is excited to announce the launch of the new Orbs website!
Announcing The New Orbs Website!
Aug 17, 2021
DeFi.org and Orbs present: Real-time Statistics on DeFi Tweets – Learn What’s Really Going On Crypto Twitter
Aug 5, 2021
Qatari Aid and CBDC Can Change International Giving
Aug 2, 2021
Orbs Staking is Now Available on the D’CENT Wallet Mobile App!
Jul 29, 2021
How to Bridge Orbs Tokens onto the Polygon Network
Jul 26, 2021
Orbs Added to WOWswap Protocol
Jul 21, 2021
How to Use the Orbs Pool on Alpaca Finance
Jul 20, 2021
How to Use the Orbs Vault on Beefy Finance
Jul 14, 2021
Are Your Bitcoins Clean or Dirty?
Jul 12, 2021
Orbs Added to Alpaca Finance Vaults!
Jul 9, 2021
Orbs Added to Beefy Finance Vaults!
Jul 8, 2021
Orbs Ecosystem Expansion: What’s Next?
Jul 6, 2021
Orbs on BSC: Status Update
Jul 1, 2021
Orbs Staking is now available on the Token Pocket Wallet mobile app!
Jun 29, 2021
ORBS is now live on BscScan
Jun 25, 2021
Everything You Need to Know About the Orbs Syrup Pool on PancakeSwap
Jun 24, 2021
Orbs Launches a Syrup Pool on PancakeSwap!
Jun 21, 2021
Could China Force a “Cleaner” Bitcoin?
Jun 21, 2021
Orbs is now live on 1inch Exchange!
Jun 18, 2021
Bitbns Exchange Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Jun 15, 2021
El Salvador Adopts Bitcoin
Jun 14, 2021
Orbs Sponsors Chainlink’s Price Data Feed
Jun 11, 2021
Response to Krugman’s Column in NYT
Jun 7, 2021
Orbs is now live on Kyber DMM!
Jun 3, 2021
Tracking Gaza Terror Funding
May 31, 2021
ORBS PoS Info App is now Launched!
May 27, 2021
Orbs Integrated with The Graph Protocol – TheGraph.com
May 25, 2021
Understanding Bitcoin Mixers
May 24, 2021
Orbs is now live on SushiSwap!
May 20, 2021
Orbs Staking is now available on MyEtherWallet mobile app!
May 18, 2021
The Orbs Ecosystem is Growing
May 17, 2021
The Orbs Ecosystem is Growing
May 13, 2021
Orbs Staking is now available on the Coinbase Wallet mobile app!
May 11, 2021../bhex-bluehelix-exchange-lists-orbs-token-orbs/blog.md
Orbs is Live on Google Cloud!
May 6, 2021
- Had someone predicted any of the above only a few months ago (let alone more than a year ago...), she may have been laughed off of her blog...
When Decentralized Finance Meets the Traditional System
May 5, 2021
Orbs Staking is now available on the Trust Wallet mobile app!
May 4, 2021
Orbs Update April 2021
May 2, 2021
- In a [recent post](https://www.orbs.com/orbs-is-now-live-on-binance-smart-chain-via-anyswap-cross-chain-bridge/) we announced that the ORBS token is now available on Binance Smart Chain (BSC) using [multichain.xyz](https://multichain.xyz/) by Anyswap as a cross-chain bridge between Ethereum and BSC. In that same post, we also examined the meteoric rise of the BSC chain in the DeFi space and compared it to the rival DeFi ecosystem built on Ethereum.
Orbs is now live on PancakeSwap!
Apr 30, 2021
- Bibox exchange has officially announced the listing of ORBS, the native token of the Orbs network. The following trading pairs are now available on Bibox: ORBS/USDT, and ORBS/ETH.
Bibox Exchange Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Apr 30, 2021
- Orbs an Israeli project developing a free, open-source, public blockchain infrastructure offering developers a proper mix of performance, cost, security and ease of use, and [**Krystal**](https://krystal.app/), a wallet for storing and exchanging cryptocurrency, earning passive income and accessing various DeFi applications in one place, announced a mutual cooperation and collaborations in the field of Decentralized Finance (DeFi).
Orbs and Krystal Announce a Partnership Focused on DeFi
Apr 29, 2021
- When I first heard about blockchain I thought it was going to change the world. I was certain that the ability to transfer an asset with complete transparency was going to leapfrog foreign aid and charitable giving from the archaic systems that are currently in place - into systems that are capable of accounting for every last dollar given.
What Elite Capture means - and why it should enrage you
Apr 28, 2021
Orbs Staking is now available on the Status Wallet mobile app!
Apr 27, 2021
ORBS is now live on Binance Smart Chain Via AnySwap Cross-Chain Bridge!
Apr 23, 2021
P2PB2B Exchange Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Apr 22, 2021
- Tetra, the official staking wallet of the Orbs project is now available on mobile!
Orbs Tetra Staking is now available on imToken Wallet!
Apr 21, 2021
Orbs Team Updates
Apr 19, 2021
Orbs is Live on Microsoft Azure!
Apr 16, 2021
Coinsbit Exchange Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Apr 14, 2021
Orbs is Available on ENS (Ethereum Naming Service)
Apr 14, 2021
Orbs Swaps and Staking Now Available on MetaMask Wallet!
Apr 13, 2021
Single Sided-Farming on Any DEX Via Orbs Liquidity Nexus — Part 3/bl/blog/common/authors/TalKol.md|
Apr 12, 2021
Tetra staking Wallet by Orbs Now on Mobile!
Apr 9, 2021
The Orbs New Merchandise Shop is Now Live!
Apr 9, 2021
Orbs Live on Amazon - AMI Published by AWS Marketplace
Apr 8, 2021
Single Sided-Farming on Any DEX Via Orbs Liquidity Nexus — Part 2/bl/blog/common/authors/TalKol.md|
Apr 7, 2021
Indodax Exchange Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Apr 6, 2021
- (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jOy17fuzy8&t=2670s)_”_. I was asked to discuss the value add that blockchain could provide for supply chains during the pandemic. An apt topic for discussion, as during the last year corona has jarred many supply chains to their core.
Improving Supply Chain with Blockchain
Apr 4, 2021
ORBS Is Now Available on Blockfolio!
Apr 4, 2021
Gate.io Exchange Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Apr 3, 2021
Apr 2, 2021
FTX Exchange Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Apr 2, 2021
Single Sided-Farming on Any DEX Via Orbs Liquidity Nexus — Part 1
Apr 1, 2021
Latoken Exchange Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Mar 30, 2021
KuCoin Exchange Lists Orbs Token (ORBS)
Mar 26, 2021
Introducing Orbs Liquidity Nexus — Liquidity as a Service
Mar 23, 2021
Bithumb Announces ORBS Staking
Mar 22, 2021
Moonstake Partners with Hybrid Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Orbs to Soon Provide Full-Scale Support for Orbs Universe
Mar 16, 2021
Orbs Update March 2021
Mar 14, 2021
Orbs and Flipside Crypto Team Up to Launch the Orbs Community Console
Mar 9, 2021
Orbs Update February 2021
Feb 15, 2021
- (https://www.stakingrewards.com/), has added the ORBS token to their platform!
Orbs Featured on Staking Rewards
Feb 1, 2021
Orbs Update January 2021
Jan 17, 2021
Orbs and Binance Team Up to Launch DeFi Accelerator
Jan 11, 2021
- Occasional high gas fees on Ethereum can inflict heavy costs on Orbs Delegators when executing transactions in the Orbs PoS mechanism, if done without preplanning. With a few simple steps, Delegators can significantly reduce losses incurred by these high gas prices.
Optimizing Ethereum Gas Costs for Orbs Delegators
Jan 6, 2021
How to choose an Orbs Guardian
Dec 30, 2020
- including solid advice on how to address concerns of domestic voter fraud. And yet, here we are again. Sadly, there have been multiple instances of fraud claims in America across the years:
Blockchain to Eliminate Voter Fraud
Dec 17, 2020
- In this update:** Orbs PoS V2.5 Official Launch ⁂ Orbs DeFi ⁂ KBW 2020 ⁂ State of the Network ⁂ Media Highlights ⁂ Team Updates
Orbs Update December 2020
Dec 7, 2020
- The Orbs network launched on March 28th, 2019. The Orbs network relies on all of the participants in the proof of stake ecosystem to provide for the security and operation of the network.
Getting Ready for Round 7 of Orbs Rewards Distribution
Dec 2, 2020
- It's finally here, the moment we’ve all been waiting for -
Orbs PoS V2.5 Official Launch!
Nov 30, 2020
- Hi all -
Tetra Deployment Announcement
Nov 19, 2020
Blockchain System to report child abuse
Nov 9, 2020
- It’s official!
Orbs PoS V2.5: The Age of Guardians is here!
Nov 9, 2020
- In this update:** DeFi Ecosystem Grant Program ⁂ Locking of Team’s Tokens ⁂ KBW 2020 ⁂ State of the Network ⁂ Orbs on CoinGecko ⁂ Media Highlights ⁂ Meet the Orbs Team Vlog
Orbs Update November 2020
Nov 3, 2020
- With the rise of cryptocurrencies in the last few years, also came the increased optimism that billions of the global unbanked population would finally have an inclusive financial solution.
Does DeFi Hold a Promise for the Unbanked?
Nov 2, 2020
Grant Approved: Paradigm
Oct 13, 2020
- In this update:** Orbs PoS V2.5 ⁂ Locking of Team’s Tokens ⁂ DeFi Ecosystem Grant Program ⁂ State of the Network ⁂ Biz Dev Overview ⁂ Media Highlights ⁂ Meet the Orbs Team Vlog ⁂ Holiday Greetings
Orbs Update October 2020
Oct 5, 2020
- Lately, the Orbs team has been getting a lot of questions from people wondering about various tokens with similar names to Orbs that are out there in different DEXs and DEFI projects. This post will clarify the situation and serve as a resource to help the community avoid confusion as they do their own due diligence on the tokens they interact with.
Orbs Token Integrity
Oct 2, 2020
- On September 30, 2020, Orbs network rewards distribution occurred, as described in the following post.
6th Orbs Rewards Distribution: Summary
Oct 1, 2020
V2.5 UPDATE - Combating the Gas Storms
Sep 24, 2020
The Orbs Project: Overview of Enterprise Projects and Partnerships
Sep 18, 2020
- (https://www.orbs.com/orbs-token-distribution/), at the time of the Orbs Token Distribution Event (“TDE”) on March 28, 2019, 20% of total supply was allocated to the team and founding partners. This pool had a vesting schedule of 36 months and a six-month initial lock-up period. During the almost 18 months since the TDE, the Orbs founders and team have not removed any tokens from the team pool.
Locking of Team Tokens
Sep 16, 2020
- The Orbs network launched on March 28th, 2019. The Orbs network relies on all of the participants in the proof of stake ecosystem to provide for the security and operation of the network.
Getting Ready for Round 6 of Orbs Rewards Distribution
Sep 14, 2020
- COVID-19 has had a devastating global impact. Travel and tourism industries have been particularly crippled by the virus, with no near term end in sight. Also concerning is the understanding that this will probably not be the last time that a global pandemic will affect all aspects of life for the world’s population. There is, or there should be, an internalization that if the world is to remain open, it needs to be prepared. Some kind of systematic solution is needed that will assist the global community to live through a pandemic without a mass closing of borders.
Blockchain-based Health Immunity Passport
Sep 13, 2020
- In this update:** DeFi, DeFi, DeFi ⁂ Orbs Ecosystem Grant Program ⁂ Age of Guardians ⁂ State of the Network ⁂ Previews and Teasers ⁂ Hexa Foundation ⁂ Media Highlights ⁂ Meet the Orbs Team Vlog
Orbs Update September 2020
Sep 6, 2020
- Recently, Israel was shaken to the core from a heinous gang rape of a sixteen year old girl. As the investigation unfolds, reports of images and videos of the crime surface. Sadly, this type of crime and the documentation of it, occurs in every country. Survivors of sexual violence face even more emotional damage due to the existence of digital imagery of the crime that took place. Videos and photos are forwarded and posted on instant messaging and social media, and often cloud platforms are helpless (or choose not) to do anything to stop this.
Blockchain against Child Abusive Imagery
Aug 26, 2020
- In the last 6 months, the entire Orbs team has been hard at work on Orbs V2 - “The Age of Guardians”. This was a huge undertaking from both a technology development and business perspective. This very substantial 2.0 release improves on almost every aspect of the project - from the Proof-of-Stake incentives model, to a tighter integration with Ethereum and a revamped core architecture. I’m very excited that V2 has recently entered a public beta phase where Guardians are already running the new codebase!
Exploring DeFi with the Orbs Grant Program
Aug 18, 2020
Orbs PoS V2: The Age of Guardians - PoS V2 Benefits Over V1
Aug 16, 2020
- In this update:** Orbs PoS Universe: The Age of Guardians ⁂ New Validator ⁂ ORBS Staking ⁂ Tech Updates ⁂ Online Meetup ⁂ Media Highlights ⁂ Q&A with Tal Kol ⁂
Orbs Update August 2020
Aug 11, 2020
Ensuring visibility and accountability - How President Macron can really bring change to foreign aid
Aug 10, 2020
Guardians of Blockchain: Q&A with Orbs Co-founder Tal Kol
Jul 14, 2020
- In this update:** Orbs PoS Universe ⁂ New Locking Feature ⁂ New Validator ⁂ Media Highlights ⁂ Exciting Teasers ⁂ Return to Office ⁂ Nate’s Farewell
Orbs Update July 2020
Jul 12, 2020
- On July 06, 2020, Orbs network rewards distribution occurred. This post summarizes the process and provides resources that can be used by any interested party to review and validate the calculation and distribution itself.
5th Orbs Rewards Distribution: Summary
Jul 8, 2020
- The Orbs network launched on March 28th, 2019. The Orbs network relies on all of the participants in the proof of stake ecosystem to provide for the security and operation of the network.
Getting Ready for Round V of Orbs Rewards Distribution
Jun 16, 2020
Track & Trace Solution Built on Orbs
May 11, 2020
Orbs Staking Promotion Summary
May 4, 2020
- Welcome back to our monthly recap everyone!
Orbs Update April 2020: Recap
Apr 30, 2020
- Hey everyone!
MetaMask Security Overview and Connecting to Tetra Wallet
Apr 23, 2020
Introducing Locking When Staking ORBS
Apr 7, 2020
The New ORBS Locking Mechanism
Apr 6, 2020
Orbs Technology Update April 2020
Apr 2, 2020
- On March 25, 2020, Orbs network rewards distribution occurred. This post summarizes the process and provides resources that can be used by any interested party to review and validate the calculation and distribution itself.
4th Orbs Rewards Distribution: Summary
Mar 25, 2020
- The Orbs network launched on March 28th, 2019. The Orbs network relies on all of the participants in the proof of stake ecosystem to provide for the security and operation of the network. There are currently 20 registered Guardians and 16 Validators running in production. There are now over 1700 Delegators participating in the Orbs PoS ecosystem.
Getting Ready for Round IV of Orbs Rewards Distribution
Mar 18, 2020
- Welcome back to our monthly recap everyone!
Orbs Update March 2020
Mar 16, 2020
Private vs Public Blockchain
Feb 26, 2020
- I attended EthDenver to represent the Orbs team. Both the BUILDWeek and the conference that followed have been a blast, with many great talks and tech showcases. It was a great pleasure to talk and learn with fellow attendees.
My time at the EthDenver Hackathon
Feb 24, 2020
Orbs Technology Update February 2020
Feb 19, 2020
Orbs’ Activity in the US Market
Feb 12, 2020
Orbs Update January 2020
Jan 31, 2020
- (https://interactive.itwglf.com/ITW-Global-Leaders-Forum) (Global Leaders Forum), the main collaboration forum for the wholesale telecom business. Backed by some of the biggest telecom carriers globally, including names like Orange, Deutsche Telekom, and Telefonica, CBAN was jointly developed with a group of both telecom and blockchain technology providers.
Orbs and the Communications Business Automation Network (CBAN)
Jan 16, 2020
Hexa Foundation's 2020 Vision for Blockchain-Led Social Impact
Jan 12, 2020
- Highlights:** Ver 1.3.5 released ⁂ A flow that identified a bug ahead of time ⁂ PoS architecture research ⁂ Onboarding of applications & new virtual chains ⁂ New monitoring tools
Orbs Technology Update January 2020
Jan 9, 2020
- On December 25, 2019, Orbs network rewards distribution occurred. This post summarizes the process and provides resources that can be used by any interested party to review and validate the calculation and distribution itself.
3rd Orbs Rewards Distribution: Summary
Dec 26, 2019
- (https://www.linkedin.com/in/danny-brown-wolf-6346b242/), Head of Partnerships at Orbs and COO at Hexa Foundation_
How an Open Blockchain Standard Can Fix the Ills of Social Media
Dec 25, 2019
Orbs Network — v1.3.6 fixes
Dec 19, 2019
Getting Ready for Round III of Orbs Rewards Distribution
Dec 12, 2019
- In this update:** Orbs team speaks to US Congress ⁂ Developer Feedback ⁂ Podcast, Messari and BlockTV Interviews ⁂ Orbs Rewards Incoming ⁂ Sey Chain: Yes24 Partnership
Orbs Update December 2019
Dec 11, 2019
Sey Chain: Partnership between YES24 & Orbs
Dec 4, 2019
The Blockchain-Based Solution to SNAP Fraud
Nov 28, 2019
- Earlier this month, I represented the Orbs team in Washington DC for “Demo Day on the Hill”. The event was organized by the [Global Blockchain Business Council](https://gbbcouncil.org/) in conjunction with [The Congressional Blockchain Caucus](https://soto.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-darren-soto-named-co-chair-congressional-blockchain-caucus).
Evangelizing Blockchain to the US Congress
Nov 26, 2019
- Last month in New York**, the Global Business Blockchain Council [hosted a hackathon event](https://medium.com/@GBBC/the-gbbc-hosts-hackathon-showcasing-how-blockchain-technology-can-be-used-to-advance-un-sdgs-67855f76a010) to demonstrate and discover the ways blockchain technology can be used to advance the [United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda](https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/development-agenda/). Several leading blockchain networks including Microsoft, Bitfury, JPMorgan’s Quorum, and Orbs were made available to participants by providing them with the tools and resources to build their proposed solutions. You can read more about Orbs’ experience with the event in the [afterthought blog post by Jonathan Levison](https://www.orbs.com/un-hackathon-afterthought/). The hackathon’s winning solution was eventually built on the Orbs Network. In an effort to learn lessons for the platform from a developer’s outsider perspective, I set out to question David Acton of the winning team Dynamic Digital Cooperatives about his experience building an app on the Orbs network.
Developing on Orbs: Interview with UN Hackathon Winners
Nov 25, 2019
- Highlights:** Ver 1.2.2 released ⁂ New Staking scheme research complete ⁂ New stress & endurance testing suite ⁂ New Reputation feature ⁂ New demos and status pages ⁂ More developers contributing
Orbs Technology Update November 2019
Nov 18, 2019
- On one hand, there is this utopian vision of the decentralized world: A free market in which decisions are pure reflections of parties’ will, where there are no fees and no cut, no friction, and no middlemen involved between two trustless sides. On the other hand, there is the world we live in; the world where middlemen rule, known by most as simply 'the marketplace' (companies like eBay, Uber, Yelp), who are getting bigger and more efficient every day, deepening their control over our day to day life.
The Sweet Spot | SFBW Blog
Nov 17, 2019
- In this update:** San Francisco Blockchain Week ⁂ SecurePro Partnership ⁂ New: Demos Page ⁂ Co-Founder Podcast Interview ⁂ Orbs Speaks to Congress ⁂ World Economic Forum in Dubai
Orbs Update November 2019
Nov 6, 2019
- In this update:** U.N Hackathon Win! ⁂ Tel Aviv Blockchain Week ⁂ Block TV Founder Interview ⁂ ORBS on Metamask ⁂ Blockchain Education Webinar ⁂ New Orbs Center in Korea ⁂ Enterprise Use-Case Panel ⁂ KOSDAQ Delegation ⁂ Korea Blockchain Week ⁂ Blockchain Bridge SF⁂ Orbs Rewards Distribution: Round 2 ⁂ Mousebelt alliance
Orbs Update October 2019
Oct 5, 2019
- (https://gbbcouncil.org/) for a hackathon aimed at solving, or “hacking” sustainable development goals.
GBBC's UN Hackathon: Afterthought
Oct 3, 2019
- Ok gang, here's a breakdown of the technology highlightsfrom Orbs contributors during this past month. Feel free to reach out to any particular contributor for more information:
Orbs Technology Update September 2019
Sep 26, 2019
- _On September 25, 2019, Orbs network rewards distribution occurred. This post summarizes the process and provides resources that can be used by any interested party to review and validate the calculation and distribution itself._
2nd Orbs Rewards Distribution: Summary
Sep 25, 2019
- Alright, everyone! August has been a relatively quiet month for many of us, and yours truly is happy to watch his colleagues return from vacations all sunburned and happy. This post is going to be a quick flash update, so you know what has been happening while you were out sipping lemonade:
Orbs Update September 2019
Sep 8, 2019
- (https://www.orbs.com/the-blockchain-dichotomy-and-an-architecture-to-overcome-it/) and explained how the Orbs Network’s’ Hybrid consensus enables enterprise adoption of a public blockchain. The separation of block producers and validators allows organizations to keep control over their blockchain application while fulfilling blockchain’s role in generating trust. This hybrid two-tiered consensus is the architectural key to bridge the app/dapp divide.
A Hybrid Consensus Model for Voting: Taking a Cue From Indonesia
Sep 8, 2019
- The Orbs network launched on March 28th, 2019. The network relies on all of the participants in the proof of stake ecosystem to provide for the security and operation of the network. There are 18 active Guardians currently registered and 15 Validators running in production. There are now over 1650 Delegators participating in the Orbs PoS ecosystem.
Getting Ready for Round II of Orbs Rewards Distribution
Sep 3, 2019
- _This is a guest post by Professors Neil Gandal (Berglass School of Economics, Tel Aviv University) and Joshua Gans (Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto), advisors to the Orbs project._
Bitcoin’s Unusual Property Rights
Aug 27, 2019
- (https://www.orbs.com/orbs-update-august-2019/) I wanted to keep everyone in the loop regarding the R&D progress being made by Orbs contributors. Here is a breakdown of some of the things accomplished during the past month.
Orbs R&D Update August 2019
Aug 18, 2019
Orbs Update August 2019
Aug 9, 2019
- _This is a guest post by professors Neil Gandal (Berglass school if economics, Tel Aviv University) and Joshua Gans (Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto), advisors to the Orbs project._
Bitcoin Vs. Other Cryptocurrencies: A Different Pattern This Time Around?:
Aug 7, 2019
- (https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1149472282584072192) about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, stating that “Unregulated Crypto Assets can facilitate unlawful behavior, including drug trade and other illegal activity....” spooked the crypto market.
Dear President Trump: Here’s why you want everyone using Bitcoin, including the bad guys
Aug 5, 2019
- (https://celsius.network) representatives met in Seoul, Korea to celebrate the highly anticipated collaboration between the projects: ORBS has been added to Celsius’ wallet, allowing their 30,000 users to stake the token as part of Orbs’ proof of stake universe. This partnership grants thousands of Celsius’ users unprecedented access to the Orbs network.
Celsius, BitGo and Staked Now Participate in Orbs' PoS Universe
Aug 1, 2019
- The latest proposed version of the Orbs platform was released on July 22, 2019 and accepted by the Orbs network’s Validators. The Orbs core team is very excited to publish the first version that is not a hot-fix and contains actual features.
Orbs Node Upgrade: Version 1.1.1
Jul 24, 2019
Orbs R&D Update July 2019
Jul 18, 2019
Orbs Partners with Celsius Network
Jul 17, 2019
- In this update:** GLF Partnership ⁂ Hdac signing ⁂ Forbes feature ⁂ Orbs Awards distribution ⁂ App development guidelines ⁂ Founder interviews ⁂ and more
Orbs Update July 2019
Jul 8, 2019
- On July 2nd, 2019, the first Orbs network rewards distribution occurred. This post summarizes the process and provides resources that can be used by any interested party to review and validate the calculation and distribution itself.
First Orbs Rewards Distribution: Summary
Jul 4, 2019
- (https://www.orbs.com/technology/roadmap/), the internal R&D hackathon, development of the notary use-case, and the troubleshooting case study.
Orbs R&D Update June 2019
Jul 2, 2019
- On 27-28.06.19 I participated in the Talpiot Hackathon, attempting to solve a financial challenge - creating a system to identify and analyze related parties dealings. This was a great, very well organized event, where I met many brilliant people working on some really difficult challenges.
TalpiHack: Solving the Challenge of Related Parties Dealings
Jul 1, 2019
- Just like almost everyone in the blockchain space, I was very excited to learn about Facebook’s Libra blockchain and coin. Like many big moments in technology, the launch of Libra marks a step forward not because of unprecedented innovation, but rather because it takes a lot of advancements made in the field and makes use of them in what may become a mainstream product that touches the lives of billions of people. That said, I must add that the work behind Libra is nothing short of brilliant. Integrating so many state-of-the-art technologies into what seems to be 3 very intricate products, that can shortly be ready for large-scale deployment, is extremely complex. In such complex projects, fundamental errors are easy to make and may fail the entire endeavor. From what Libra published so far, I see a robust framework that appears very capable of succeeding at its very ambitious goals.
Making Sense of Libra
Jun 30, 2019
- Blockchain technology can be leveraged for social impact projects bringing verifiable trust, transparency and external auditability. To promote such projects, Netta Korin, Orbs co-founder and Head of Hexa Foundation is one of 6 Israeli business executives attending the Economic Peace Conference.
Orbs Co-founder Promoting Projects Using Blockchain for Social Impact
Jun 28, 2019
- Blockchain is a young business, too young for us to have seen any project fully develop. If we look around, we see how inflationary models benefit projects in their infancy. But this observation will not remain once these projects grow out of their infancy.
A Sustainable Token Economy Cannot Be Inflationary
Jun 24, 2019
- Today (June 18, 2019,) Facebook formally announced a plan for a global financial system based on a new cryptocurrency called Libra.
On Cryptocurrencies and Payment Systems
Jun 18, 2019
Guide to Apps on the Orbs Network, Part II: Writing a Front-End Part
Jun 17, 2019
- The Orbs network was launched and opened to public participation at the end of March 2019 alongside the distribution of the ORBS token to private sale purchasers. The following report highlights the main developments in the Orbs Proof-of-Stake (PoS) ecosystem based on accumulated data for the first six weeks.
Jun 13, 2019
- Guardians play a central role in the Orbs PoS model - they are expected to be key participants within the Orbs Universe, who enforce the security of the network, align with the long term Orbs vision and actively work to make this vision a reality. A core role of the Guardians is to review the Validators, monitor their operations and ensure proper network operation and security by approving Validators that follow the protocol correctly.
Jun 13, 2019
- The Orbs network launched on March 28th, 2019. The Orbs network relies on all of the participants in the proof of stake ecosystem to provide for the security and operation of the network. There are 17 active Guardians currently registered and 14 Validators running in production. There are now over 1300 Delegators participating in the Orbs PoS ecosystem. At the beginning of July 2019, the first rewards distribution will occur. This post describes the various rewards, how they are calculated and the distribution process.
Orbs Rewards Distribution
Jun 12, 2019
Complete Guide to Writing an App on the Orbs Network (Part I of II)
Jun 11, 2019
- In this update:** ⁂ NEW: Roadmap! ⁂ Orbs goes to India ⁂ NY Blockchain Week ⁂ 1st Hackathon ⁂ NEW: Validator monitoring tool ⁂ Co-founders AMA ⁂ WEF Membership ⁂ Ministry of Finance ⁂ IEEE Conference ⁂ Block TV Interview ⁂ Techstars Demo Day ⁂ Events
Orbs Update June 2019
Jun 6, 2019
- Can blockchain technology help alleviate the strain of the global refugee crisis on both refugees and host countries? I think so.
Blockchain Aid for the Refugee Crisis
Jun 4, 2019
Troubleshooting the Orbs Platform | Case Study
Jun 3, 2019
- (https://www.orbs.com/defining-the-public-blockchain/)). Arguably, there is no area in which guarantees are needed more than our online identity and personal data. Online services made our lives easier in many ways, but these benefits far too often come at the expense of our privacy. Blockchain can change that, and by doing so, it would enable us to finally gain control of our digital identity.
Self-sovereign Identity on the Orbs Blockchain
May 30, 2019
- Last week in the Tel Aviv offices, Orbs’ core team conducted its very first Hackathon! Within just two days of brainstorming, coding and eating junk, the teams developed the very first real-use apps on the Orbs network.
Insights into Orbs’ R&D Hackathon
May 30, 2019
- _After a year and a half of building the Orbs blockchain from the ground up with the most talented team I could hope for, mainnet was released to the public on March 28th. One of my non-technical post-launch goals is to focus on communicating directly all the work we’re doing._
Orbs R&D Update May 2019
May 16, 2019
- Hi all! The first month of the Orbs Network has completed, and I’m excited to share the network status and our experience with the elections. Since the launch of the production-ready Orbs platform and its release to the community, the Orbs core development team has continued to monitor its progress and work to develop improvements to propose to the community of participants in the Orbs network. This post will describe what we’ve learned so far, the problems the network has encountered and the fixes we’ve proposed to the Validators running the protocol.
PoS Ecosystem Elections Update May 2019
May 14, 2019
- This update will elaborate on pre-Production load testing, and post-Production performance monitoring. Both use cases employ the Orbs monitoring dashboard as a key component.
Monitoring the Orbs Platform
May 13, 2019
Orbs Update May 2019
May 7, 2019
- (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire#Westeros) of Westeros.
Why Proof-Of-Stake Systems Can Benefit From External Oversight
May 2, 2019
- The blockchain industry makes heavy use of buzzwords. Terms like "public" and "private" are thrown around but what do they actually mean? Is this the right way to define a blockchain? Does a private blockchain really exist? Maybe we should even take one step back and ask - what is a blockchain, actually?
PoS Under the Orbs Architecture
Apr 24, 2019
- Hey everyone! In recent weeks, we’ve been mulling heavily over different ways to extend Orbs to the public and create an open environment for discussion and collaboration about the project. For this, we have to nurture a productive community of all participants in the Orbs Universe - delegators, developers, guardians, and validators.
Introducing the new Orbs Community discussion board on Discourse
Apr 17, 2019
- Trying to unlock mainstream adoption for public blockchain is one of the hardest challenges in the industry today. Real businesses are yet to see the value in public blockchain technology and adoption crawls. I believe this is largely caused by the blockchain dichotomy: the polarization of infrastructure solutions in the industry today. If this indeed is the cause, we can design architectures around it. Will this be enough to make mainstream adoption possible?
The Blockchain Dichotomy and an Architecture to Overcome It
Apr 15, 2019
- (https://medium.com/@_David) is Orbs Head of Research. He is also a PhD candidate in the Technion (Israel Institute of Technology) under the supervision of Prof. Idit Keidar. His research focuses on the interplay between game theory and distributed systems._
How PoW and PoS Can Help Create Better Apps
Apr 11, 2019
The Road to Mainstream Use - Business Strategy for 2019
Apr 8, 2019
Introducing PRISM - The Orbs Block Explorer
Apr 4, 2019
Deep Dive into the FRI Protocol
Apr 3, 2019
Bittrex International Lists Orbs Token (ORBS) Following Project’s Production Launch
Apr 3, 2019
Orbs Update April 2019
Apr 2, 2019
- _The purpose of this short post is to give a high level introduction to the Orbs Universe and its proof-of-stake ecosystem. This post will not go into the specifics of the mechanics and will not go into exact numbers (this information is available here). Instead, we’ll focus on motivation and the main idea._
The Orbs PoS Universe Archetypes — High Level Introduction
Apr 1, 2019
- _The blockchain industry makes heavy use of buzzwords. Terms like "public" and "private" are thrown around but what do they actually mean? Is this the right way to define a blockchain? Does a private blockchain really exist? Maybe we should even take one step back and ask - what is a blockchain, actually?_
Defining the Public Blockchain
Mar 29, 2019
We’re Launching! And this is just the beginning
Mar 28, 2019
- There’s little argument that open source has transformed our world. As a developer, I cannot recall a single day in the last few years where I did not rely on open source software. I’m not the exception. The majority of software engineers today rely on open source daily in their professional lives.
Blockchain as the Next Evolutionary Step of the Open Source Movement
Mar 26, 2019
- _With our launch rapidly approaching, we wanted to provide a full breakdown of what you’ll find in Version 1 of Orbs. The launch of V1 is a huge step forward for the Orbs project — building a full blockchain from scratch based on the requirements of real businesses._
What's Being Launched - an Inventory List of Everything Part of V1 Release
Mar 26, 2019
- This week in blockchain business: Facebook is making its preparations, Lyft is getting involved a little, dApps aren't dead after all and big companies are still pushing for mass market adoption.
Business of Blockchain: March 12, 2019
Mar 17, 2019
Orbs March Update 2019
Mar 6, 2019
- This week in blockchain business: Facebook is definitely going to do something sometime soon, proof that blockchain is useful, a stablecoin that's not stable and the latest in VC funding.
Business of Blockchain: February 26, 2019
Feb 26, 2019
The Impact of Blockchain Technology on Financial Services Provided by Banks
Feb 14, 2019
Improving the Transparency of Nonprofit Organizations Using Blockchain
Feb 14, 2019
- The latest in the business of blockchain: Google and Facebook continue their blockchain activities, lessons learned and pivots taken and how consumers really view blockchain.
Feb 14, 2019
Orbs Update February 2019
Feb 5, 2019
- This week in the business of blockchain: Remittance continues to be a use case worth following, marketplaces continue to be a use case worth following and decentralized social networks may have a very high customer acquisition cost. Get the details below.
Business of Blockchain: January 15, 2019
Jan 15, 2019
Orbs Update January 2019
Jan 8, 2019
- We hope our readers had a very happy holiday (or happy end-of-December if you don't celebrate Christmas)! This week: Asia becomes the early leader in blockchain, big businesses get even more serious about blockchain, blockchain + games = adoption and some big funding news.
Business of Blockchain: December 26, 2018
Dec 26, 2018
- This week, Facebook's blockchain plans, tough business decisions, Ohio and Wyoming compete for our decentralized love, enterprise blockchain deals and funding news.
Business of Blockchain: December 11, 2018
Dec 11, 2018
- The latest blockchain business news and analysis: Civil’s raise crashes(kind of), US elections came and impacted the blockchain (obviously) and what some top industry minds think about the state of Ethereum. Read on for the details.
The Business of Blockchain: Nov 20, 2018
Nov 20, 2018
Distributed Key Generation: Writing Smart Contracts and Combatting Bad Actors
Aug 20, 2018
- Israeli Networking Day (IND) is an annual event bringing together researchers and engineers from both academia and industry to discuss recent research activity in the field of networking. The 2018 IND, jointly [organized by Orbs and VMware](https://medium.com/orbs-network/3-presentations-that-defined-2018s-israeli-networking-day-ec27c6d9e941), was held on May 24th, and included 24 talks on recently published papers or ongoing works.
Orbs’ Unified Theory of Randomness: Explaining the Helix Consensus Algorithm
Jul 17, 2018
- It is far from the first time, but gas prices on Ethereum skyrocketed again last week, this time as a result of a [silly marketing gimmick](https://www.coindesk.com/new-crypto-exchange-draws-fire-over-controversial-business-model/) most Ethereum users shouldn’t have cared about in the first place. Apparently, Vitalik Buterin and Vlad Zamfir have been looking into [alternative transaction pricing models](https://ethresear.ch/t/first-and-second-price-auctions-and-improved-transaction-fee-markets/2410) to mitigate such crises.
Ethereum Suffers from a Gas Crisis, and It’s by Design
Jul 9, 2018
- In this post I want to discuss group signature schemes, and specifically group signatures with distributed traceability and show why this is an interesting cryptographic tool for distributed systems, using the Helix consensus protocol as an example to how these signatures can be used.
Group Signature Schemes with Distributed Traceability (or how to open a signature fairly)
Jun 28, 2018
- _This is Part II of a series on Proof-of-Stake’s growing influence in crypto and blockchain, as well as issues its implementation still faces. This is an expanded version of a talk I gave for Blockchain Academy on June 11, 2018._
Before EOS and Ethereum: How much has Proof-of-Stake evolved since PPCoin?
Jun 25, 2018
- _This is Part I of a series on Proof-of-Stake’s growing influence in crypto and blockchain, as well as issues its implementation still faces. This is an expanded version of a talk I gave for Blockchain Academy on June 11, 2018._
An Introduction to Proof-of-Stake and the Future of Consensus — a Talk by Orbs’ Head of Research
Jun 17, 2018
- The Helix consensus algorithm and the Orbs architecture built around it are sparking interest from blockchain stakeholders around the world. Our team holds tech sessions with interested parties to help spread the knowledge about the protocol and encourage companies to adopt and build upon it.
Technical AMA Session with the GroundX Team about Helix and Orbs — June 2018
Jun 12, 2018
- Note: This is a longer version of a post originally published in Blockonomi —_ [_What Prevents Apps from Forking Your Blockchain?_](https://blockonomi.com/apps-forking-blockchain/) _If you enjoy this post, please make sure to visit and share the original.
What Stops a Successful App from Forking a Blockchain?
May 28, 2018
- Note: This post by [_@talkol_](https://medium.com/@talkol) was originally featured on HackerNoon. If you wish to comment or clap, please visit the_ [_original publication here_](https://hackernoon.com/how-to-run-a-blockchain-on-a-deserted-island-with-pen-and-paper-899949ec555b).
How to Run a Blockchain on a Deserted Island with Pen and Paper
May 10, 2018
- Kik’s announcements yesterday ([here](https://medium.com/kinfoundation/kin-blockchain-taking-fate-into-our-own-hands-f5bdfa759502) and [here](https://www.coindesk.com/chain-mobile-app-kik-fork-stellar-fee-free-blockchain/), for example) to fork the Stellar blockchain and develop a “fee-free blockchain” of their own invoked the question — is this even possible? Does it make sense? Can a fee-free blockchain be kept secure? What about spam?
Are fee-free blockchains possible?
May 10, 2018
- Helix white paper by the Orbs Research Team: Avi Asayag, Gad Cohen, Ido Grayevsky, Maya Leshkowitz Ori Rottenstreich, Ronen Tamari and David Yakira
Introducing Helix: The Orbs Consensus Algorithm
May 8, 2018
- This post was originally published on_** [**_Hackernoon_**](https://hackernoon.com/who-controls-your-blockchain-5b8bf7ec7f1a)
Who Controls Your Blockchain?
May 3, 2018
- I’ve written about [consensus models](https://medium.com/p/c5fe1c24ef0c) in a general sense before. There, I briefly mentioned that I don’t believe consumers will be in the game of _permissionless decentralization_ even when consumer apps are. Here, I will try to elaborate on that.
A federated model can protect decentralized platforms from some players having too much power
May 2, 2018
Blockchain and Decentralized Consensus
Apr 30, 2018
- When I’m discussing blockchain technology with people, I too often hear people ask, “Is it proof-of-stake or is it proof-of-work?” And in 99% of the times, the answer would be “neither.”
It’s not about PoW/PoS: The Two Main Families of Consensus Models
Apr 30, 2018
- I’m just returning from [NOAH](https://www.noah-conference.com/) — the conference that describes itself as the preeminent European event where Internet CEOs, executives and investors gain deep insights into the latest proven concepts, network with senior executives and establish new business relationships.
NOAH Conference: Orbs and Why Consumer Apps Decentralize
Mar 14, 2018